Thursday, November 02, 2006

Healey Pulling A Kerry


Healey is acting like an idiot. Now, don't get me wrong, she's a smart woman. But she is doing exactly what Kerry did in 2004. She is listening to her handlers. She is saying that a vote for her is a vote against the other guy. She is attacking with ruthlessness and speaking in obscurities. Not what she will do, but what she will not do. She is not speaking to the public with honesty, with thought (Kerry stopped thinking before he speaks a long time ago, as we can all see).

She is not explaining that she is the perfect Republican for Massachusetts because she is pro-choice but a fiscal watchdog, and wants compromise on gay marriage. Had she tapped into the women's groups who courted her, had she posed for photos next to the conservative ministers who are trying to clean up crime in the city, had she tried to look like she was helping poor people despite her being a millionaire, had she proposed plans for shaping the Mass economy and dealing with taxes, she would be leading in the polls.

But it's too late. She looks like a bitch and Patrick looks like a fairytale liberal, but he at least has something to say that is not about his opponent. And the voters are sick of the hate.

Healey's campaign:
RAPE: vote for Healey
BLACK PEOPLE: vote for Healey
FEAR: vote for Healey

Scare tactics work much better on the national level, not the local level. Hasn't anyone told her that yet?

7 Comments:

Blogger coffeesnob said...

I really wanted to like her, hey - she's a woman, she's from the North Shore, etc...

Ooooh, but she's so....shallow.
(AND a republican - not that I didn't vote for Weld.)

6:21 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

The trouble with Patrick is that I just don't believe he's going to keep any of this promises. At least with Healey she has a track record of trying to do what she said she wants to do.

It's not the R behind her name that I like. It's the fact that I just don't trust Patrick. He's making too many promises with no real articulation for what his plan will be to keep them.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

You are the perfect Healey voter: you're voting against the other guy.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Wicked Goodz said...

Frankly I don't care for either of them, and, if I thought he'd have a chance I'd vote for Mihos. But I'm afraid of "throwing away my vote". I'm pretty sure Patrick is going to win. Dammit.

As it is, I have the rest of the day to decide if I'm going to vote for Healy or not. Although I really don't care for Healy, I flat out don't trust Patrick (he feels smarmy to me, in a creepy Mr. Rogers way). And frankly, the licences and schooling for illegals is a big button for me.

Never thought I'd be wishing Weld was back.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

No I'm the typical american voter, chosing the lesser of two evils.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Rogers was a very smart man. I do not think of him as smarmy.
I agree with Dean. I do not trust Patrick. I understand that he has already asked for forgiveness because he may make some mistakes in his new position. I was sure that Massachusetts would chose a woman over an African-American for Governor. Boy was I wrong. In the end it was painful to watch the snippy remarks that everyone made about everyone else. All I know that the woman who ran under the Green-Rainbow party needs to get a fashion demolition makeover. She just looks so dumpy and weeblesque (sp?)and not business-like. First impressions are crucial in every situation especially for a high profile position.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

What I liked about the Rainbow-Green woman was that she didn't give a flying fuck what she looked like. While it does not work in politics, it was refreshing.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home