Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The "News"




Can anyone explain to me why the "news" is always about fucking celebrities? Even Drudge cares about Brangelina or Angelad, or whatever the fuck they're calling that couple. And when did they start giving names to couples???!!!

Sorry, went to the gym today and was forced to stare at the tv for my 35 minute cross-training routine. There I am just minding my business trying to get in shape and the tv makes me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. And someone stole "my" WWII magazine so I was forced to watch the tv. I'd prefer soap operas to the "news" at this point.

Celebrities belong in checkout isle magazines. They are NOT newsworthy. But maybe if we all just stare into Jolie's breasts, we'll forget how bad a job the Administration is doing. What year is it? Nineteen eighty what now? FORE! Duck or you'll get smacked by the Coke Twins' (Olsen Twins') elbows, and those things are sharp as daggers!

*One more thing before I stop type-screaming: TONIGHT AT TEN: 8 year olds on diets! Anorexic first graders! We'll tell you how to talk to your children about anorexia.

I'm not kidding. It's airing tonight. You know why 8 year olds go on diets? Because they watch MTV, have mothers who obsess over their own bodies, and are allowed to go to spas, wear makeup and generally try to sell themselves as little whores years before they even bleed. How about having Mom keep track of the tv watching, stop being jealous of women who can barely stand, and stop reading those horrible magazines I see at the gym (theme here) that tell women how to loose weight and please their man enough to keep him from sleeping with the secretary? How about having Dad drool at women who aren't disgusting, or maybe give the kid a role model, because obviously if your kid is 8 and dieting, Mom is NOT a very good one.

Talk to your kids
TALK TO YOUR KIDS? IF A FUCKING "NEWS" SHOW HAS TO TELL YOU HOW TO RAISE YOUR KIDS THEN ANOREXIA IS NOT YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM!!! And how about this novel idea: make it so you don't have to talk to your kids about anorexia because THEY'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called "entertainment for the masses". I don't know either why there's such a need for knowing which celebrity fucks what, but, well, that's probably why "for the masses" sounds this pejorative at last.

Anyway, news shows must be educating about 80% of the children today, for it's a irrelevant matter for parents who worry less about celebrities and sex than their own kids will do tomorrow. (No surprise on that. Which doesn't mean it should be as it is... well, whatever.)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Lisa's grandfather likes to watch Entertainment Tonight. I have to leave the room, it sickens me that much.

Why is the horrible disfigured and now dead Beverly Hills Real Estate Agent such a big part of a show that is supposed to be about Entertainment? I mean really it's in the title. I don't find those anorexic twins the least bit entertaining.

I'm nasieated right now.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Aw, come on, Bry! An educated citizenry is the linchpin of a functioning democracy!

If I don't know about the Olsen Twins, how can I decide which one to vote for?

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the news story about 8 year olds on diets have to do with childhood obesity which seems to be very common in the world of fast food and slow moving MTV watching kids and kids that might be genetically doomed to be overweight or did it have to do with kids influenced by the supermodels and waiflike famous people who get all of the attention? I agree with dean that those twin anorexic girls are not entertaining. In fact most of the people reported about in the media are not entertaining. They are boring Sidney! Boring! Boring! Boring! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! (I am NOT suggesting we exterminate these people. I am just quoting a scene from "Sid & Nancy", in case some of you did not get the reference). The Realtor who died SHOULD be a wake up call to those who get plastic surgery. She was a very extreme case though.
lisa jsc

2:54 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

I think it had to do with the supermodel thing. Kids seem to either be too fat to walk or too thin to sit down on their boney asses. SUCH EXTREMES! What happened to "average"?

Buddha would be pissed that we have forgotten the middle path. Jesus would be pissed we care about such meaningless things. Moses would be pissed we worship American Idols. Mohammed would be pissed that girls want to be little whores. Athiests would be pissed that we're being such fucking morons. No matter how you look at it we're doing something seriously wrong.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home