Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm...losing it


The title of this post was going to be "I'm BAAACK" but I looked at the word back as I still am right now, wondering if that's really how you spell it. I'm losing my mind. I've been reading about 19th century Turkey for a few hours now and am confused by any word that does not have at least two "h"s in it and any name that does not end with "Ali".

Sometimes I spell "of" "uv". Seriously. I notice when I read over my notes before a test. And I confuse "g" and "j" a whole hell of a lot.

I SWEAR TO TELL THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, SO ANYWAY,

I, the jenius that I am, am trying to battle my way through books thicker than my head (believe it or not) and will probably be posting way more than I did this summer. Blogs are homework evasion.

Three, neigh**, five things I learned in my first week back to school:

1) Turks are not from Turkey; they are originally from central Asia and swept across Iran on their way to Turkey, leaving a few deposits here and there. Oh, and Persian languages are closer to English than they are to Arab languages. So if we learn Arab to invade Iraq, we have to learn a whole new language to invade Iran. How inconvenient!

2) 150/X = 75/100 can also be written 150=.75X. This is therefore solvable because I forget how to cross multiply.

3) The Big Bang Theory can be conceptualized as fitting into the ancient Hindu belief in circular time. It would make it the end of the last universe and the beginning of this one. And the guy with the bad eighties hair who hosted the video we watched made in 1981 seriously should have been on Monty Python.

4) BURMA!

5) I panicked.



**Moo. I shall taunt you a second time: baaaa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home